St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking candidates to fill the available assistant coaching position for the freshman girl’s basketball team.
School Vision: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith and values.
School Mission: We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by;
• Providing exceptional Christian based education
• Offering an uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
• Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
• Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
• Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
• Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
• Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
Assistant Coaches will report to the Head Coach
The coach helps students achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values and discipline related to the sport or activity and sportsmanship. The general safety and welfare of each participant shall be the primary concern. The coach provides leadership and coordination in the assigned activity or sport.
Physical/Emotional Requirements: (The incumbent may be required to use the below requirements during any part of the working day.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, run, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to interact with staff and to meet demands from several people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. On occasion, the employee may be required to work extended hours.
• Assist with tryouts and selects participants in accordance with established guidelines
• Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport
• Plans and schedules a regular program of practice
• Attend all practices and games on the schedule
• Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies
• Communicates effectively and promotes positive interpersonal relationships
• Informs students of school policies, activities, eligibility, and team rules
• Distributes and cares for equipment
• Helps establish a sound program of injury prevention
• Ensures supervision for all contests, meets, and practices
• Supervises participants after practice, meets, or games until their transportation home is ensured
• Supports the school’s educational mission for all students and implements all school regulations and policies in a fair and equitable manner
• Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as needed
• The performance responsibilities are not limited to those outlined in this description and may include any other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator/supervisor
A ST. AUGUSTINE PREPARATORY ASSISTANT COACH WILL:
• Ensure that all students receive a high-quality experience resulting in high student-athlete achievement
• Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their student-athletes, always interacting respectfully
• Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members
• Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings/professional development (collaborative planning time teams, etc.), formal coursework, workshops, and seminars/in-services in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices
• Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning
• A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• 2 or more years of coaching experience preferred.
• Participating member of a local Church.
• Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
• Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be determined by the school policies.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the school policies.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.