St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking candidates to fill the available coaching position for the freshman boys' and girls' cross country team. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the program and become the Varsity coach in the 3rd year of the program.
School Vision: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith and values.
School Mission: We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by;
• Providing exceptional Christian based education
• Offering an uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
• Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
• Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
• Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
• Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
• Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
Head Coaches will report to the Athletic Director
The coach helps students achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values and discipline related to the sport or activity and sportsmanship. The general safety and welfare of each participant shall be the primary concern. The coach provides leadership and coordination in the assigned activity or sport.
Physical/Emotional Requirements: (The incumbent may be required to use the below requirements during any part of the working day.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, run, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to interact with staff and to meet demands from several people. The employee is responsible for the work output of others. On occasion, the employee may be required to work extended hours.
• Oversees tryouts and selects participants in accordance with established guidelines
• Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport
• Plans and schedules a regular program of practice
• Works closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling contests, practices, meets, and competitions
• Recommends equipment, supplies, and uniforms for purchase using the athletic department designated provider.
• Prepares and adheres to approved budget
• Maintains attendance forms, insurance records, physical forms, and other required paperwork
• Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport or activity is conducted and when students are present
• Attends required meetings of the WIAA
• Fulfills test requirements of the WIAA
• Arranges for transportation with support from the Athletic Director
• Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies
• Communicates effectively and promotes positive interpersonal relationships
• Informs students of school policies, activities, eligibility, and team rules
• Distributes and cares for equipment
• Establishes a sound program of injury prevention
• Ensures supervision for all contests, meets, and practices
• Submits budget requests to the athletic director
• Supervises participants after practice, meets, or games until their transportation home is ensured
• Supervises and evaluates Assistant Coaches
• Assists in developing high quality program for elementary and middle school athletes
• Supports the school’s educational mission for all students and implements all school regulations and policies in a fair and equitable manner
• Performs other tasks and assumes other responsibilities as the superintendent or designee may assign
• The performance responsibilities are not limited to those outlined in this description and may include any other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator/supervisor
A ST. AUGUSTINE PREPARATORY HEAD COACH WILL:
• Hold the primary responsibility for the social, emotional, and academic development of their student-athletes while acknowledging their individual needs and development.
• Ensure that all students receive a high quality experience resulting in high student-athlete achievement
• Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their student-athletes, always interacting respectfully
• Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members
• Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings/professional development (collaborative planning time teams, etc.), formal coursework, workshops, and seminars/in-services in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices
• Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning
• A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3 or more years of coaching experience preferred
• Participating member in a local Church.
• Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
• Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
• Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be determined by the school policies.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the school policies.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.